Whether it be dog-earring pages, bending covers or not having read the Harry Potter series, we’re all guilty of committing some bookish sin. So in the spirit of redemption I have written a little confession for you all. Some will make yo cringe and some will make you laugh – and others you might be able to relate to yourself.
- I don’t own a library card. I haven’t even been to a library to check out a book since checking out books in high school. Life just got busy I guess – and the books aren’t overly expensive to buy.
- My TBR pile is tiny. I see other book bloggers posting about their massive to be read piles all the time. I often see other bloggers post pictures of an entire set of shelves filled with books they haven’t read. My own pile however contains less than 10 books.
- I read the last line of the book way before reach the last page. Usually a couple chapters in I’ll flip to the last page of the entire book and find the last line and read it. I always enjoy reading it and then finding out how the book arrives at that singular, last line.
- I can read pretty much anywhere. In the car, in the bath, on a train, on the toilet, on the floor, on the grass, on the beach and sometimes while even walking to the bedroom. If I’m hooked on a book, it literally hardly even leaves my hands.
- I don’t think the book is always better than the movie. Some stories are just better on screen and some are better off screen. For instance, I enjoyed Stardust the movie more than I enjoyed the book.
- I often skim over large sections of text in books. Sometimes the book is so damn boring that I simply feel the need to skip to the part where it gets exciting. Sometimes, I just get distracted and forget what page I was on.
- I have never listened to an audio book I have absolutely no excuse for this, I have just never gotten around to it.
- I’m hard on my books I often leaves books lying about on the floor. Or open and face down. I also have a tendency to drag them into the kitchen, read while I am eating, or drinking coffee. Sometimes I sleep with them on my bed (they pretty much always fall off). I just like to read as much a possible – so I don’t have enough time to be overly careful about it.
- I don’t own two copies of any book. (Illustrated versions of Harry Potter do not count). I just can’t justify buying the same book – when I could buy an entirely new book.
- I often nitpick at an author’s writing Some sentences just make me snigger – or cringe and I will go about and repeat these sentences to everyone in the vicinity after I read them. This almost never has an impact on how much I enjoy a book. It’s just me being a hypocrite (my own writing is no where near perfect either.)
So there you have it. I feel so good now I have gotten that off my chest. Do any of these confessions apply to you? Or are there some other bookish sins not mentioned which you have committed? Share them below!